George Joslyn loved to entertain in what is considered the “original man cave.” He and his friends would gather for billiards, cocktails, cigars and even bowling in the Castle basement. We imagine many a lively conversation were had amongst George and his guests.
We’ve partnered with some of Omaha’s finest aficionados to bring you a series that George would happily make a toast to. The Joslyn Castle Speakeasy Series is a monthly meet up that will feature tastings presented by professionals in their fields.
January through April on the third Thursday, we will host a tasting featuring one of the following favorites: Classic Cocktails, Bourbon, Wine, and Scotch!
All events run 7pm-9pm, doors open at 6:45pm.
Here's a taste of each event:
- January 17th - Classic Cocktails: To kick-off the Speakeasy Series, we are excited to host a lesson in Classic Cocktails taught by Tyler Schaeffer, owner and bartender of the Inkwell lounge in Countryside Village. Gourmet food pairings will be curated by Jared Clarke, owner and chef of Timber Wood Fire Bistro and Railcar Modern American Kitchen.
- February 21st - Bourbon: Raise your glass as we welcome you to a Bourbon tasting featuring local expert and your "Spirit Guide" Alzuri of Spirit World. The Spirit World team will be serving up expertly curated food pairings to compliment the tasting.
- March 21st - Wine: Join us for a wine tasting featuring local expert Alex Nelson, shop manager of Howard Street Wine Merchant. On hand to compliment the wine flight is Chef Paul Kulik of Le Bouillon with expertly curated food pairings.
- April 18th - Scotch: Settle in for an evening of sipping, noshing, and conversation with local Scotch expert Kari Korenchen of PROOF Whiskey Bar! Carefully selected pairings curated by certified Cheesemonger Miranda McQuillan will be offered as compliments throughout the evening.
- May 16th - Gin: Due to popular demand, we've extended our sold-out Speakeasy Series to feature that classic spirit: GIN! Raise a glass and join us for a Gin tasting in the third floor Castle Ballroom! Kari Korenchen of PROOF - Whiskey Bar & Craft Cocktails and Miranda McQuillan of Miranda's Cheese Club are back to walk us through the world of gin and food pairings. Limited seats are available so sign up soon!
Single event tickets are $75.00 for non-members, or $67.50 for Keyholder members. Not yet a Keyholder? Get signed up today and start saving on ALL Joslyn Castle programming!